Viewing convention Program information from 2005
Thursday, 29 December
382. Transcendentalism and Manifest Destiny
8:30–9:45 a.m., Eisenhower, Marriott
Program arranged by the Thoreau Society
Presiding: Laura Dassow Walls, Univ. of South Carolina, Columbia
1. “Facing East from California’s Shores,” Kristen L. Fresonke, Adelphi Univ.
2. “In the Proleptic Mode: The Transcendentalists, Manifest Destiny, and the ‘Code of the Nation,’” Robert J. Scholnick, Coll. of William and Mary
3. “Encountering Hybridity: Margaret Fuller and America in Transition in 1843,” Cheryl J. Fish, Borough of Manhattan Community Coll., City Univ. of New York
4. “Fremont, the West, and Thoreau’s Transcendental Geography,” Anne Baker, North Carolina State Univ.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.