Viewing convention Program information from 2009
Sunday, 27 December
39. The Translingual Imagination
5:15–6:30 p.m., Regency Ballroom C1, Loews
A special session
Presiding: Steven G. Kellman, Univ. of Texas, San Antonio
The Translingual Imagination (Lincoln, NE: University of Nebraska Press, 2000)
Switching Languages: Translingual Writers Reflect on Their Craft (Lincoln, NE: University of Nebraska Press, 2003).
1. “Yone Noguchi’s Impersonation in The American Diary of a Japanese Girl,” Elaine Wong, Univ. of Texas, San Antonio
2. “Hapsburg Translingualism in Terézia Mora’s Alle Tage,” Laura Bohn, Yale Univ.
3. “Post-China Imaginations of the Female Experience,” Lisa Yinghong Li, J. F. Oberlin Univ.
4. “English as Metaphor for Estrangement in Elif Shafak’s The Bastard of Istanbul,” Margarit Tadevosyan Ordukhanyan, Saint John’s Univ., NY
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.