Viewing convention Program information from 2006
Friday, 29 December
406. Bollywood Nationalism in the Age of Globalization
10:15–11:30 a.m., Commonwealth Hall B, Loews
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on South Asian Languages and Literatures
Presiding: Hena Ahmad, Truman State Univ.
1. “Nationalism within the Context of Aamir Khan’s Films: A Global, Postmodern Celebration of the Nation,” Reena Dube, Indiana Univ. of Pennsylvania
2. “Saving the Nation: (Cognitively) Old Stories, (Historically) New Conditions,” Patrick Colm Hogan, Univ. of Connecticut, Storrs
3. “The State of the Nation in Global Bollywood,” Patricia O’Neill, Hamilton Coll.
4. “Bollywood versus Hollywood: Transnational Influence, National Resistance, and Mass Culture in Main Azaad Hoon,” Subramanian Shankar, Univ. of Hawai‘i, Mānoa
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.