Viewing convention Program information from 2004
Wednesday, 29 December
410. “I, Too, Am America”: Langston Hughes and American Dreams I
10:15–11:30 a.m., Grand Ballroom Salon K, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Langston Hughes Society
Presiding: Dolan Hubbard, Morgan State Univ.
1. “‘They Send Me to Eat in the Kitchen’: Langston Hughes’s Language of Food as a Medium for Interrogating and Reimagining the American Dream,” Rita M. Colanzi, West Chester Univ.
2. “Double Vision and Double Discourse in Langston Hughes,” Jeff W. Westover, Howard Univ.
3. “‘Yo también soy América’: Latin American Receptions of Langston Hughes’s American Dream,” Laurence Emmanuel Prescott, Penn State Univ., University Park
4. “Langston Hughes in the New American Century,” Brian Dolinar, Claremont Graduate Univ.
For copies of abstracts, visit www.langstonhughessociety.org.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.