Viewing convention Program information from 2005
Thursday, 29 December
412. The Great (Im)Migration: Culture, Citizenship, and Black Resettlement, 1865–1940
10:15–11:30 a.m., Wilson B, Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Black American Literature and Culture
Presiding: Amritjit Singh, Rhode Island Coll.
1. “Outside the City: Robert Park and the Disciplining of Migration,” Lauren Coats, Duke Univ.
2. “Back to Africa: Colonization and Emigration in Pauline Hopkins’s Of One Blood,” Yogita Goyal, Univ. of California, Los Angeles
3. “Transnational Accommodationism: Black Migration to a Borderland West,” Stephen P. Knadler, Spelman Coll.
4. “(Im)Migration in the Writings of Eric Walrond,” Louis J. Parascandola, Long Island Univ., Brooklyn
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.