Viewing convention Program information from 2008
Sunday, 28 December
419. Between “Home” and “Host”: Iranian Diaspora Literature and Its Many Modes of Representation
7:15–8:30 p.m., Yerba Buena Salon 4, Marriott
A special session
Presiding: Persis M. Karim, San José State Univ.
1. “Toward a Theory of Iranian American Life Writing,” Amy Motlagh, Princeton Univ.
2. “World Wide Weave: Digital Iranian Diaspora and the Question of Identity,” Babak Elahi, Rochester Inst. of Tech.
3. “The Contrapuntal Aesthetic of Marjane Satrapi,” Jasmin Darznik, California Coll. of the Arts
4. “Pilgrimage for Oneself: Conflictual Filiation and Affiliation in Azadeh Moaveni’s Lipstick Jihad,” Amena Moinfar, Univ. of Texas, Austin
Respondent: Nasrin Rahimieh, Univ. of California, Irvine
For copies of abstracts, visit www.persiskarim.com.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.