Viewing convention Program information from 2009
Tuesday, 29 December
419. Postcolonial Comparisons: Indigeneity and Translation
10:15–11:30 a.m., Regency Ballroom C2, Loews
Program arranged by the Division on Postcolonial Studies in Literature and Culture
Presiding: Susan Yukie Najita, Univ. of Michigan, Ann Arbor
1. “Weaving in the Heilala: Translating Cultural Concepts in Konai Helu Thaman’s Poetry,” Erin Suzuki, Univ. of California, Los Angeles
2. “Deep Focus: A Methodology for Comparative Literature,” Krupa Shandilya, Cornell Univ.
3. “Conversion and Counter-Conversion: Translating Figurations of Rebirth in Henry Opukaha’ia,” Rob Wilson, Univ. of California, Santa Cruz
4. “Activating Voice, Body, and Place: Kanaka Maoli and Ma’ohi Writings for Kaho’olawe and Moruroa,” Dina El Dessouky, Univ. of California, Santa Cruz
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.