Viewing convention Program information from 2011
Saturday, 08 January
422. Visual Textualizations: Latin American Colonial Lives
8:30–9:45 a.m., 303A, LA Convention Center
Program arranged by the Division on Colonial Latin American Literatures
Presiding: Rocío Quispe-Agnoli, Michigan State Univ.
1. “The ‘Codex of Tlaxcala’: Colonial Indigenous Discourses through Visual Narratives,” Jeanne L. Gillespie, Univ. of Southern Mississippi
2. “Of Mimicry and Mocking: Destabilizing the Amerindian Body and the Role of the Subaltern in Sahagún’s Florentine Codex,” Ann Elizabeth De León, Univ. of Alberta
3. “Illustrations and Illuminations in the Seventeenth-Century Florida Texts of Fray Francisco de Pareja,” Eric Arthur Vaccarella, Univ. of Montevallo
4. “Colonial (De)Construction of Images and Words: Amédée-François Frézier’s Relación del viaje por el mar del sur,” Song No, Purdue Univ., West Lafayette
For abstracts, handouts, and images, visit www.msu.edu/~quispeag.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.