Viewing convention Program information from 2009
Tuesday, 29 December
428. Understanding the Beats Globally
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., 402–403, Philadelphia Marriott
A special session
Presiding: Jennie Skerl, West Chester Univ.
1. “Bob Kaufman: Genealogical Drift,” Todd Thorpe, Univ. of Notre Dame
2. “Jack Kerouac and the Nomadic Cartographies of Exile,” Hassan Melehy, Univ. of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
3. “Seduced across the Border: Globalizing William Burroughs,” Timothy S. Murphy, Univ. of Oklahoma
4. “Beat Transnationalism under Gender: Bonnie Bremser’s Troia,” Ronna Catherine Johnson, Tufts Univ.
For abstracts, visit www.unc.edu/~hmelehy/Beats.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.