Viewing convention Program information from 2008
Sunday, 28 December
431. The Presidential Address
8:40 p.m., Continental 5, Hilton
Presiding: Rosemary G. Feal, MLA
1. Catherine Porter, State Univ. of New York Coll. at Cortland, MLA First Vice President, will announce the newly elected honorary fellow, Louise Erdrich.
2. Catherine Porter will present the William Riley Parker Prize, the James Russell Lowell Prize, the MLA Prize for a First Book, the Kenneth W. Mildenberger Prize, the Mina P. Shaughnessy Prize, the MLA Prize for Independent Scholars, the Howard R. Marraro Prize, the Katherine Singer Kovacs Prize, the Aldo and Jeanne Scaglione Prize for Comparative Literary Studies, the Aldo and Jeanne Scaglione Prize for French and Francophone Studies, the Aldo and Jeanne Scaglione Prize for Germanic Languages and Literatures, the Aldo and Jeanne Scaglione Prize for a Translation of a Literary Work, the MLA Prize for a Distinguished Bibliography, the William Sanders Scarborough Prize, the MLA Prize in United States Latina and Latino and Chicana and Chicano Literary and Cultural Studies, and the Fenia and Yaakov Leviant Memorial Prize in Yiddish Studies.
3. Gerald Graff, Univ. of Illinois, Chicago, MLA President, will present the MLA Award for Lifetime Scholarly Achievement to René N. Girard, Stanford Univ.
4. Remarks by René N. Girard
5. Report of the Executive Director, Rosemary G. Feal
6. The Presidential Address, Gerald Graff
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.