Viewing convention Program information from 2006
Friday, 29 December
445. African American Poetry and Performance: Collectives, Critics, Collaboration
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Grand Ballroom Salon J, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Black American Literature and Culture
Presiding: Meta DuEwa Jones, Univ. of Texas, Austin
1. “Marlon Riggs: Performing Black and Queer in the Twentieth Century,” David Gerstner, Coll. of Staten Island, City Univ. of New York
2. “The Critical Eye and the Creative Process,” A. Van Jordan, Univ. of Texas, Austin
3. “Performance, Collaboration, and Genre: The Work of Form and Substance,” Jacqueline Jones LaMon, Adelphi Univ.
4. “It Takes a Village,” Evie Shockley, Rutgers Univ., New Brunswick
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.