Viewing convention Program information from 2008
Monday, 29 December
446. Future Ruins: The Temporality of Climate Change
8:30–9:45 a.m., Van Ness, Hilton
A special session
Presiding: David Allen Collings, Bowdoin Coll.
1. “The Aesthetics of Decomposition: Ruin as Renewal in Alan Weisman’s The World without Us,” Michelle Niemann, Univ. of Wisconsin, Madison
2. “Failing Economies and Tortured Ecologies: Climate Change as Cyclical Calamity in Butler’s Parable Novels,” John Blair Gamber, Coll. of William and Mary
3. “‘If a Protest Falls in the Woods and There’s No One There to Hear It, Does It Make a Sound?’: Writing, Terrorism, and the Environmental Imaginary in A Friend of the Earth,” Price McMurray, Texas Wesleyan Univ.
4. “Ruins as Queer Remainder in Children of Men,” Andrea Fontenot, Univ. of California, Santa Barbara
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.