Viewing convention Program information from 2005
Thursday, 29 December
452. Visions and Revisions: The Representation of Fascism in Contemporary Fiction
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Cabinet, Washington Hilton
Program arranged by the Division on Twentieth-Century Italian Literature
Presiding: Luca Somigli, Univ. of Toronto
1. “Fascism in Abeyance: Carlo Emilio Gadda’s Fictional Displacements,” Chiara Ferrari, Coll. of William and Mary
2. “Postmodern Revisiting of Fascism: Umberto Eco’s La misteriosa fiamma della Regina Loana and Vincenzo Consolo’s Nottetempo, casa per casa,” Norma Bouchard, Univ. of Connecticut, Storrs
3. “The Fascist Sleuth: Crime and Justice in Contemporary Historical Detective Fiction,” Luca Somigli
4. “From Ettore Scola to Gabriele Muccino: Philological and Typological Readings of Fascism,” Alberto Bianchi, Wheaton Coll., MA; Simone Marchesi, Princeton Univ.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.