Viewing convention Program information from 2004
Wednesday, 29 December
463. The Scottish Empire Writes Back: Pictland to Postmodernity
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Grand Ballroom Salon L, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Scottish Literature
Presiding: Jeffrey Ritchie, Lebanon Valley Coll.
1. “Over the Water to Memory Loss: Foreign Exchange and Literary Aphasia from Chrystal Croftangry to Morvern Callar,” Caroline McCracken-Flesher, Univ. of Wyoming
2. “The Souls of Highlanders, the Salvation of Indians: Scottish Mission and Eighteenth-Century British Empire,” Laura M. Stevens, Univ. of Tulsa
3. “Romance as Resistance: David Stewart’s Sketches of the Highlanders as Autoethnography,” Kenneth Michael McNeil, Eastern Connecticut State Univ.
4. “Writing Home: Scottish Women Travelers and the Cultivation of Colonial Sympathies,” Juliet D. Shields, Univ. of Pennsylvania
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.