Viewing convention Program information from 2009
Tuesday, 29 December
470. Sites of the Aesthetic: Probing the Limits of the Aesthetic
1:45–3:00 p.m., Commonwealth Hall A1, Loews
Program arranged by the Division on Twentieth-Century German Literature
Presiding: Claudia Breger, Indiana Univ., Bloomington
1. “From Sound to Text (and Back): Gustav Mahler’s Twentieth Century,” Carl Hendrik Niekerk, Univ. of Illinois, Urbana
2. “‘A Kick in the Knee’: The Aesthetic of Violence in Postwar Austrian Literature,” Fatima F. Naqvi, Rutgers Univ., New Brunswick
3. “Literary Experiment and Social Mapping: Orientation in the Works of Alexander Kluge and Uwe Johnson,” Matthew D. Miller, Columbia Univ.
4. “The Aesthetic in the Age of Media Competition,” Rolf Johannes Goebel, Univ. of Alabama, Huntsville
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.