Viewing convention Program information from 2008
Monday, 29 December
479. Cultural Institutions and Textual Studies in a Global Age
10:15–11:30 a.m., Taylor A and B, Hilton
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Bibliography and Textual Studies
Presiding: Peter J. Kalliney, Univ. of Kentucky
1. “The Postapartheid (as) Prize: South African Textual Cultures and Cultural Validation,” Andrew van der Vlies, Univ. of Sheffield
2. “Literary Capital, Gentrification, and the Brick Lane Effect,” Sarah Brouillette, Massachusetts Inst. of Tech.
3. “F. R. Leavis and the Abolition of the English Department,” John Marx, Univ. of California, Davis
4. “Becoming Global: J. M. Coetzee and 1980s International Prize Culture,” Patrick Denman Flanery, Univ. of Sheffield
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.