Viewing convention Program information from 2008
Monday, 29 December
498. No Country for Old Men: Russian Cinema under Putin
10:15–11:30 a.m., Nob Hill A, Marriott
Program arranged by the American Association of Teachers of Slavic and East European Languages
Presiding: Vida Johnson, Tufts Univ.
1. “Are Things Really That Bad? Reality as Nightmare in the New Russian Cinema,” Anthony Alfred Anemone, Jr., New School
2. “Private Lives for Public Consumption: Ol’ga Zhulina’s This Kiss Is off the Record,” Julie A. Cassiday, Williams Coll.
3. “The New Tractor Drivers: Stalin’s Themes in Putin’s Movies,” Lilya Kaganovsky, Univ. of Illinois, Urbana
4. “Welcome Back: The Caucasus Question and Chechnya’s Return to the Screen,” Gerald M. McCausland, Univ. of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.