Viewing convention Program information from 2007
Saturday, 29 December
504. Music and Poetry in Troubadour Song
1:45–3:00 p.m., Columbus A and B, Sheraton Chicago
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Provençal Language and Literature
Presiding: Agathe E. Sultan, Université Michel de Montaigne Bordeaux 3
1. “Cascus in lor lati: From Birdsong to Sung Text in the Poems of Guillaume IX,” Christopher Davis, Univ. of Michigan, Ann Arbor
2. “Music in Debate: Tensos and Borrowed Melodies,” Eric T. Matheis, Columbia Univ.
3. “Troubadour Song and Lyric at Italian Courts and Comuni,” H. Wayne Storey, Indiana Univ., Bloomington
4. “Lyric and Nonlyric Poetry in Provençal Literature: Medieval and Modern Classifications of the Poetic Genres,” Levente Seláf, Univ. of Budapest
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.