Viewing convention Program information from 2008
Monday, 29 December
508. The Story Hearer: Grace Paley’s Poetry and Prose
10:15–11:30 a.m., Golden Gate 3, Hilton
A linked session arranged in conjunction with the forum Grace Paley Writing the World: Literature and Legacy (289)
Presiding: Sandy Alexandre, Massachusetts Inst. of Tech.
1. “Starting Out in the Fifties: Why Grace Paley Did Not Become Philip Roth and Why We Are Glad That She Didn’t,” Nancy K. Miller, Graduate Center, City Univ. of New York
2. “Grace Paley’s Formal Strategies,” Marianne DeKoven, Rutgers Univ., New Brunswick
3. “Grace Paley’s Prose of the City and Poetry of the Country,” Sidra DeKoven Ezrahi, Hebrew Univ.
4. “Lines and Lineages in Grace Paley’s Poetry,” Melissa Zeiger, Dartmouth Coll.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.