Viewing convention Program information from 2008
Monday, 29 December
525. Doris Lessing and Human Rights
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Union Square 2, Hilton
Program arranged by the Doris Lessing Society
Presiding: Alice Rachel Ridout, Leeds Metropolitan Univ.; Robin E. Visel, Furman Univ.
1. “Prisons We Build for Ourselves: Doris Lessing’s Cultural Critique and Michel Foucault’s Theory of Power and Knowledge,” Yuan-Jung Cheng, National Sun Yat-sen Univ.
2. “‘They Treat Human Beings as If They Were Rats’: Constructing Intelligible Bodies in Lessing and Laing,” Kerry Myler, Univ. of Southampton
3. “The Vexed ‘Colour Problem’: Doris Lessing and ‘the African Renaissance,’” Pat Louw, Univ. of Zululand
4. “‘A Door Which I Propped Open with a Stone’: Doris Lessing’s Going Home,” Lynda Hall, Univ. of Calgary
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.