Viewing convention Program information from 2006
Friday, 29 December
531. Cognitive Approaches to Literary Character
3:30–4:45 p.m., Commonwealth Hall A1, Loews
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Cognitive Approaches to Literature
Presiding: David Herman, Ohio State Univ., Columbus
1. “Cognition and the Reading of Literary Character: Approaches, Problems, and Perspectives,” Ralf Schneider, Univ. of Bielefeld
2. “Didactic Narratives: Literary Characters and Human Learning Processes,” Isabel Jaén-Portillo, Yale Univ.
3. “Conceptual Blending and Character in Joyce’s Ulysses,” Mary Isbell, Univ. of Connecticut, Storrs
4. “Fragments of Memory: Proust’s Characters as Nonarchival Markers,” Katherine Elkins, Kenyon Coll.
For copies of papers, visit http://people.cohums.ohio-state.edu/herman145/mla2006.html after 15 Nov.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.