Viewing convention Program information from 2011
Saturday, 08 January
535. Masks, Marionettes, Puppets in Modern Italian Culture
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., 306A, LA Convention Center
Program arranged by the Pirandello Society of America
Presiding: Jana O’Keefe Bazzoni, Baruch Coll., City Univ. of New York
As I am not able to attend the Convention, Daniela Bini, Department of French and Italian, University of Texas at Austin, has kindly agreed to take on the role of Presider for this panel.
I wish all panelists and attendees a good Convention and encourage you to attend both of our panels AND our informal gathering on Thursday, Jan 6, from 8:45-10:00, Room304B, LA Convention Center.
1. “Clothes (Don’t) Make the (Wo)Man: Costume as Mask and Identity in Enrico IV and Nostra Dea,” Stefano Boselli, Gettysburg Coll.
2. “Puppets and Marionettes on the Italian Screen: A Taxonomy of Genealogies,” Federico Pacchioni, Univ. of Connecticut, Storrs
3. “The Face behind the Mask: Identity in the Works of Grazia Deledda and Luigi Pirandello,” Rhianedd Jewell, Univ. of Oxford
4. “Pulcinella in Paris,” Daniela Bini, Univ. of Texas, Austin
For abstracts, visit www.pirandellosocietyofamerica.org.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.