Viewing convention Program information from 2007
Saturday, 29 December
550. Representations of India in the Western Mind: Theorizing the Past
3:30–4:45 p.m., Superior A, Sheraton Chicago
Program arranged by the South Asian Literary Association
Presiding: Kamal D. Verma, Univ. of Pittsburgh, Johnstown
1. “French Representations of India: The Postcolonial Love Triangle,” Corinne Francois-Deneve, Univ. of Liverpool
2. “The Cursed Jewel and The Moonstone: Rewriting the Indian Mutiny in the Victorian Imagination,” Deirdre H. McMahon, Saint Joseph’s Univ.
3. “Representations of India in E. M. Forster and Octavio Paz,” Karni Pal Bhati, Furman Univ.
4. “‘They Will Give Meat to the Ants’: Postcolonial Market Research in The Long, Dangerous, and Memorable Voyage of M. Ralph Fitch,” Marian E. Lupo, Ohio State Univ., Columbus
Respondent: Parvinder Mehta, Univ. of Toledo
For copies of papers, write to email@example.com.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.