Viewing convention Program information from 2008
Monday, 29 December
554. East Asian Modernities: Global, Vernacular, or Marginal Narratives
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Foothill E, Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on East Asian Languages and Literatures after 1900
Presiding: Ming-Bao Yue, Univ. of Hawai‘i, Mānoa
1. “Narratives of ‘Other’ Masculinities in Colonial-Era Korea,” Matty Wegehaupt, Univ. of Michigan, Ann Arbor
2. “Erotic Revolution in the Countryside: Romance, Sex, and Procreation in North Korean Amateur Dramas,” Suk-Young Kim, Univ. of California, Santa Barbara
3. “The Malicious Women Victims: Popular Narratives of Women’s Desire in Leftist Chinese Cinema of the Early Twentieth Century,” Lin Zou, Indiana Univ., Bloomington
4. “Making Sense of ‘Ero-Guro Nonsense’ in Edogawa Rampo’s Insect Narratives,” Mary A. Knighton, Univ. of Tokyo
For copies of abstracts, write to email@example.com.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.