Viewing convention Program information from 2011
Saturday, 08 January
558. Worrying the Line: Rereading African American Poetry, 1940–60
1:45–3:00 p.m., Atrium II, J. W. Marriott
A special session
Presiding: Michael W. Bibby, Shippensburg Univ.
1. “‘Our Little Movement’: Robert Hayden’s Integrationist Poetics and the Counterpoise Project,” Tyler T. Schmidt, Lehman Coll., City Univ. of New York
2. “‘All My Interminable Artifacts’: LeRoi Jones / Amiri Baraka, Charles Olson, and Mid-1950s Poetics,” Andrew R. Mossin, Princeton Univ.
3. “Melvin B. Tolson’s Ethical Experiment and the Philosophy of Otherness,” Grant Matthew Jenkins, Univ. of Tulsa
4. “Sojourner: Beulah Richardson’s ‘A Black Woman Speaks’ and Black Feminism in the Cold War,” Michael W. Bibby
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.