Viewing convention Program information from 2007
Saturday, 29 December
563. The Drame Bourgeois at 250
3:30–4:45 p.m., Superior B, Sheraton Chicago
Program arranged by the Division on Eighteenth-Century French Literature
Presiding: Caroline E. Weber, Barnard Coll.
1. “Contextualizing Diderot’s Dramatic Theory,” Nicholas D. Paige, Univ. of California, Berkeley
2. “The Politics of Spectatorship: Diderot, Rousseau, and Rétif on the Drame Bourgeois,” Yann Robert, Princeton Univ.
3. “Repetition and Virtue in Le fils naturel,” Andrew Herrick Clark, Fordham Univ., Lincoln Center
4. “Bourgeois Horror: Du Belloy’s Gabrielle de Vergy and the Rise of the Genre Noir,” James A. Steintrager, Univ. of California, Irvine
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.