Viewing convention Program information from 2009
Tuesday, 29 December
578. Feast or Famine: The Politics of Food in African Literature
7:15–8:30 p.m., Adams, Loews
Program arranged by the Division on African Literatures
Presiding: Alain Lawo Sukam, Texas A&M Univ., College Station
1. “‘Welcome / To Our Language’: Food and Drink in Eritrean Poetry,” Charles Cantalupo, Penn State Univ., Schuylkill
2. “The Semiotics of Food in the Works of Camara Laye and Sembène Ousmane,” Lifongo J. Vetinde, Lawrence Univ.
3. “Recipes for Subversion: Food as Metaphor in Select African and African Diasporic Texts,” Njeri Githire, Univ. of Minnesota, Twin Cities
4. “Echoes on the Tongue: Graceland’s Culinary Perversity,” Delores Phillips-Hazen, Univ. of Maryland, College Park
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.