Viewing convention Program information from 2004
Wednesday, 29 December
581. Brooks and Warren’s Understanding Poetry: Lasting Influences and Troubling Legacies
7:15–8:30 p.m., 406, Philadelphia Marriott
A special session
Session leader: John Donald Kerkering, Loyola Univ., Chicago
1. “Racial Scansion: Objectivity and Rhapsody in Metered Lines and Raced Bodies,” John Donald Kerkering
2. “The Call of the Popular: The Ballad as a Revision of Lyric,” Steven L. Newman, Temple Univ.
3. “Milk Cans and Well-Wrought Urns: Robert Rauschenberg and Close Reading,” Mena Mitrano, Univ. of Rome, La Sapienza
4. “The New Cognitivists and the Old; or, The New Critical Legacy of the ‘Embodied Mind,’” Jennifer Ashton, Univ. of Illinois, Chicago
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.