Viewing convention Program information from 2011
Saturday, 08 January
586. Crowds and Masses in Modernist Poetry
3:30–4:45 p.m., Platinum Salon B, J. W. Marriott
A special session
Presiding: Joel T. Nickels, Univ. of Miami
1. “Reimagining the Crystal Palace and the Fascist ‘House of Glass’: Crowds and Carnality in F. T. Marinetti’s Late-Futurist Colossus, 1944,” Jennifer Scappettone, Univ. of Chicago
2. “The Mass Poetics of William Carlos Williams,” Joel T. Nickels
3. “‘From This Distance Thinking toward You’: Oppen’s Intersubjective Poetics,” Hillary Gravendyk, Pomona Coll.
4. “An Eliot for the People? The Waste Land as a Production of Mass Sensibility,” Charles Sumner, Univ. of Southern Mississippi
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.