Viewing convention Program information from 2005
Thursday, 29 December
588. Southern Women Writers Re-Create the “New Woman”
7:15–8:30 p.m., Park Tower Suite 8212, Marriott
Program arranged by the Ellen Glasgow Society
Presiding: Gwendolyn Jones, Clayton Coll. and State Univ.
1. “After the Fall: Ellen Glasgow, the ‘New Woman,’ and the New South,” Gwendolyn Jones
2. “Sexuality and the ‘New Woman’ in the 1890s: Amelie Rives’s Barbara Dering,” Amy J. Berke, Macon State Coll.
3. “Glasgow’s Ideals: From the ‘New Woman’ to the Flapper,” Martha E. Cook, Longwood Univ.
4. “Off the Pedestal and into the World: Lillian Smith’s Invitation to the Southern Woman,” Gabriele Stauf, Georgia Southwestern State Univ.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.