Viewing convention Program information from 2011
Thursday, 06 January
59. Narrating Early Modern Violence
1:45–3:00 p.m., 406A, LA Convention Center
Program arranged by the Society for German Renaissance and Baroque Literature
1. “Early Modern Captivity Narratives and the Imperial Project: Unter den Indianern gefangen gewesen,” Bethany Wiggin, Univ. of Pennsylvania
2. “The Aesthetics of Gunpowder: Grimmelshausen’s Springinsfeld and the Narration of War in Early Modern Germany,” Patrick Brugh, Washington Univ. in St. Louis
3. “Urthel und ein schönes Lied: Narrating Violence in Times of Change,” Magelone Bollen, Michigan State Univ.
4. “Violence and Martyrdom in the Historia von D. Johann Fausten,” Paul Meyer, Univ. of Illinois, Urbana
For abstracts, visit www.germanic.uiuc.edu/people/mwade.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.