Viewing convention Program information from 2006
Friday, 29 December
592. Propitious and Precarious Spaces in the City
7:15–8:30 p.m., Washington B, Loews
Program arranged by the Division on Twentieth-Century French Literature
Presiding: Peter Lawrence Schulman, Old Dominion Univ.
1. “‘Local clos, en plein air’: Malet, Spatial Dispersal, and the Criminal City,” Andrea Goulet, Univ. of Illinois, Urbana
2. “Squared Away: The Perilous Space of the Modern Novel,” Jean-Louis Hippolyte, Rutgers Univ., Camden
3. “Propitious and Precarious Space: A Poetics of Mass Transit in Jacques,” Suzanne Fuller Braswell, Univ. of California, Santa Barbara
4. “Nonplaces in the City: Supermarkets and Frenchness,” Laura I. Pondea, Ohio State Univ., Columbus
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.