Viewing convention Program information from 2006
Friday, 29 December
601. Beyond Three Sad Races: New Representations of Ethnic Hybridity in Brazil
9:00–10:15 p.m., Washington A, Loews
Program arranged by the Division on Luso-Brazilian Language and Literature
Presiding: Cristina Ferreira-Pinto, Texas State Univ.
1. “The Two Deaths of Natálio Litvinoff: Brazilian and Jewish Identity in Adão Voloch’s Trilogy,” James Hussar, Univ. of Notre Dame
2. “‘Mess in the Freeway’: Subjectivity and the Politics of Ethnicity in Afro-Bahian Music,” Alvaro Neder, Brown Univ.
3. “At the Global Crossroads of Myth and Womanhood: Miriam Alves and Conceição Evaristo,” Peggy L. Sharpe, Florida State Univ.
4. “Iracema No More: Brazilian Indigenous Women in Eliane Potiguara’s Poetry,” Cristina Ferreira-Pinto
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.