Viewing convention Program information from 2011
Saturday, 08 January
602. Adaptations and Translations of Courtly Literature
3:30–4:45 p.m., 404A, LA Convention Center
Program arranged by the International Courtly Literature Society
Presiding: Joseph Martin Sullivan, Univ. of Oklahoma
1. “Adaptation and Courtly Influence from Flamenca to Boccaccio and Ariosto’s Fiammetta,” Patricia Lyn Richards, Kenyon Coll.
2. “Gaimar Can Say a Thousand Things That David Never Wrote: Rivalry and Translation in the Courts of Twelfth-Century English Women,” Thomas O’Donnell, Univ. of York
3. “Romance Adaptations: Franco-Italian Cultural Relations, 1341–1441, and the Gonzaga Inventory of 1407,” Leslie Zarker Morgan, Loyola Univ., MD
4. “Translation as Transformation: From Vernacular Poetry to Latin History in Don Rodrigo Jiménez’s De rebus Hispaniae,” Bretton Rodriguez, Univ. of Notre Dame
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.