Viewing convention Program information from 2004
Wednesday, 29 December
605. Text as Spectacle, Spectacle as Text II
7:15–8:30 p.m., Washington A, Loews
Program arranged by the Division on German Literature to 1700
Presiding: Glenn E. Ehrstine, Univ. of Iowa
1. “Lions and Tigers and Bears: The Exotic as Spectacle in Adam Olearius’s ‘Persianischer Rosenthal’ (1654),” Elio C. Brancaforte, Tulane Univ.
2. “Reading Images, Seeing Stories of Sociability in Georg Philipp Harsdörffer’s ‘Frauenzimmer Gesprächspiele,’” Karin Anneliese Wurst, Michigan State Univ.
3. “The Absence of the Picture in Harsdörffer’s ‘Gemählspiele,’” Markus Wilczek, Johns Hopkins Univ.
4. “Writing from the Margins: A Reassessment of Cultural Hegemony in Lohenstein’s ‘Sophonisbe,’” Daniel John Kramer, Coll. of the Holy Cross
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.