Viewing convention Program information from 2011
Saturday, 08 January
609. Disability and National Identities
3:30–4:45 p.m., Atrium I, J. W. Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Disability Studies
Presiding: Encarnación Juárez-Almendros, Univ. of Notre Dame
1. “The Unseen Inside: On Mental Illness and the Discourse of Autonomy in Mar adentro (Alejandro Amenabar, 2004),” Matthew J. Marr, Penn State Univ., University Park
2. “Performing Gender and Nation: Castor Semenya, Sex Testing, and the Politics of Femininity under the International Association of Athletics Federations and the International Olympic Committee,” Megan Davis, George Washington Univ.
3. “Pigs, Priests, and Psychoses: Ireland’s Postcolonial Recovery and Disabling National Narratives in Patrick McCabe’s The Butcher Boy,” Sarah Gray, Univ. of Illinois, Urbana
4. “The Blind Milton in Ninteenth-Century Spain,” Angelica Alicia Duran, Purdue Univ., West Lafayette
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.