Saturday, 7 January, 6:45 p.m., Metropolitan A, Sheraton
Presiding: Russell A. Berman, Stanford Univ., MLA President
1. Michael Bérubé, Penn State Univ., University Park, MLA First Vice President, will present the William Riley Parker Prize, James Russell Lowell Prize, MLA Prize for a First Book, Kenneth W. Mildenberger Prize, Mina P. Shaughnessy Prize, MLA Prize for Independent Scholars, Katherine Singer Kovacs Prize, Morton N. Cohen Award, MLA Prize for a Distinguished Scholarly Edition, Aldo and Jeanne Scaglione Prize for Comparative Literary Studies, Aldo and Jeanne Scaglione Prize for French and Francophone Studies, Aldo and Jeanne Scaglione Prize for Slavic Languages and Literatures, Aldo and Jeanne Scaglione Prize for a Translation of a Scholarly Study of Literature, Aldo and Jeanne Scaglione Prize for Italian Studies, Aldo and Jeanne Scaglione Publication Award for a Manuscript in Italian Literary Studies, Lois Roth Award, William Sanders Scarborough Prize, MLA Prize in United States Latina and Latino and Chicana and Chicano Literary and Cultural Studies.
2. Rosemary G. Feal, MLA, will present the MLA International Bibliography Fellowship Awards.
3. Rosemary G. Feal will announce the recipients of the seal of approval from the Committee on Scholarly Editions.
4. Michael Bérubé will announce the recipients of the ADE Francis Andrew March Award and the ADFL Award for Distinguished Service to the Profession.
5. Russell A. Berman will present the MLA Award for Lifetime Scholarly Achievement to Fredric Jameson, Duke Univ.
6. Remarks by Fredric Jameson
Reception immediately following.