Viewing convention Program information from 2007
Thursday, 27 December
62. Should Faculty Members in Two-Year Colleges Be Required to Do Research?
5:15–6:30 p.m., Addams, Hyatt Regency
Program arranged by the MLA Committee on Community Colleges
Presiding: Tsegaye Wodajo, Bronx Community Coll., City Univ. of New York
1. “Release Time, Research, and Publication at a Community College,” John P. Athanasourelis, Bronx Community Coll., City Univ. of New York
2. “Research and Publication: Surviving as a Medievalist at a Two-Year College,” Susannah Mary Chewning, Union County Coll., NJ
3. “A Boon for Students: Why Faculty Members at Two-Year Colleges Should Publish,” Andrea Cumbo Dowdy, Cecil Community Coll., MD
4. “Research, Publication, and Pedagogy: A Rationale for Community College Scholarship,” H. Elizabeth Smith, Bronx Community Coll., City Univ. of New York; Maria Treglia, Bronx Community Coll., City Univ. of New York
5. “Research and Publication at Community Colleges: Climbing to the Summit of Mount Everest,” Saundra Tara Weiss, Kingsborough Community Coll., City Univ. of New York
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.