Viewing convention Program information from 2005
Thursday, 29 December
621. Nonaligned Literature from Bandung to the World Bank
9:00–10:15 p.m., Coolidge, Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on English Literature Other Than British and American
Presiding: John Charles Hawley, Santa Clara Univ.
1. “Reexamining Indian Nonalignment: From Jawaharlal Nehru’s The Discovery of India to Arundhati Roy’s The God of Small Things,” Anna Michal Guttman, School of Oriental and African Studies
2. “‘To Battle Shell in the Oilfields’: Ecocritiques of Capital, Masculinity, and Oil in Dionne Brand’s At the Full and Change of the Moon,” Jana Evans Braziel, Univ. of Cincinnati
3. “The Lotus Project, Comparative Postcoloniality, and World Literature,” Hala Youssef Halim, Univ. of California, Los Angeles
4. “Before Bollywood: Hindi Cinema, Modernity, and the Global South,” Sangita Gopal, Univ. of Oregon
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.