Viewing convention Program information from 2005
Thursday, 29 December
629. Village, Pantry, Archive, and Sacred Site: Inter- and Intragroup Cultural Memory in Postcolonial Literature
9:00–10:15 p.m., Hoover, Marriott
A special session
Presiding: Rebecca Weaver-Hightower, Univ. of North Dakota
1. “‘Having Time to Think’ in New South Africa: The Borderlands of Secrecy, Truth, and Memory in Zoë Wicomb’s David’s Story,” M. Neelika Jayawardane, State Univ. of New York, Oswego
2. “Twice-Cooked Caribbean History in David Dabydeen’s The Counting House,” Winnie W. Chan, Rhodes Coll.
3. “Pregnant Pauses: Unbearable Memory in Contemporary New Zealand Literature,” Beverly J. Hogue, Marietta Coll.
4. “Guilty Cites/Sites of Cultural Memory in Contemporary White Australia,” Rebecca Weaver-Hightower
Respondent: Jeannette Marie Mageo, Washington State Univ., Pullman
For copies of papers, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.