Viewing convention Program information from 2011
Thursday, 06 January
66. Imperial Tensions: Questions of Local and Universal Knowledge in Early Colonial Latin America
1:45–3:00 p.m., 303A, LA Convention Center
A special session
Presiding: Gonzalo Lamana, Univ. of Pittsburgh
1. “The Andean Wise Men Speak: Poets, Cord Keepers, and Graphic Records in Early Colonial Peru,” Rocío Quispe-Agnoli, Michigan State Univ.
2. “Nahua Go-Betweens: The Use of Learned Languages in Early Colonial Mexico,” Rocío Cortés, Univ. of Wisconsin, Oshkosh
3. “The Europeanization of the Pre-Hispanic Indigenous Tradition: Angel María Garibay and the Creation of a Universal National Literature,” Jongsoo Lee, Univ. of North Texas
4. “Truth, Self-Evidence, and Coloniality: El requerimiento, Guaman Poma, and Pope Benedict XVI,” Gonzalo Lamana
For abstracts, write to email@example.com.