Viewing convention Program information from 2004
Thursday, 30 December
665. The Andes Imagined: Beyond Historical Indigenismo
10:15–11:30 a.m., Congress B, Loews
A special session
Session leader: Jorge Coronado, Northwestern Univ.
1. “Redemptive Bilingualism and the Spirit of the Andes: Arguedas circa 1940,” Estelle C. Tarica, Univ. of California, Berkeley
2. “Neoliberal Indigenismo: Mario Vargas Llosa and Hernando de Soto on Andean Culture,” Juan E. Decastro, New School Univ.
3. “The View from Up Above and the View from Down Below: Of Alcatraces and Guano,” Michelle A. Clayton, Univ. of California, Los Angeles
4. “The Patagonian Andes in the Argentine Imaginary,” Eva-Lynn Alicia Jagoe, Univ. of Essex
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.