Viewing convention Program information from 2005
Friday, 30 December
670. Censorship, Silence, Figuration
8:30–9:45 a.m., Marriott Balcony B, Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on the English Romantic Period
Presiding: William H. Galperin, Rutgers Univ., New Brunswick
1. “Silencing and Censorship in Elizabeth Inchbald’s Nature and Art,” Amy B. Garnai, Tel Aviv Univ.
2. “Romantic Shorthand,” Gary R. Dyer, Cleveland State Univ.
3. “Patriot Acts: Negative Precedent in the Treason Trials of 1794,” Scott Campbell, Univ. of Connecticut, Waterbury
4. “The Novel as Censureship: Alchemy and Gambling in Godwin’s St. Leon,” Tilottama Rajan, Univ. of Western Ontario
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.