Viewing convention Program information from 2004
Thursday, 30 December
675. Rethinking Metonymy: A Poetics for the Twenty-First Century
10:15–11:30 a.m., Commonwealth Hall C, Loews
A special session
Session leader: Susan Jennifer Vanderborg, Univ. of South Carolina, Columbia
1. “Plus ça change? The Continuing Usefulness of Jakobson on Metonymy,” Marjorie Gabrielle Perloff, Stanford Univ.
2. “Exigencies of the Performative: Metonymic Implications of Allegory,” Henry S. Sussman, State Univ. of New York, Buffalo
3. “The Limits of Metonymy: Translation and the Toronto Research Group,” Susan Jennifer Vanderborg
4. “Sense of Nonsense: Unintelligibility and the Poetics of Postmetonymy in Language Poetry,” Ming-Qian Ma, State Univ. of New York, Buffalo
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.