Viewing convention Program information from 2004
Thursday, 30 December
679. Literary Linguistics: Toward a Definition
10:15–11:30 a.m., Washington C, Loews
Program arranged by the Division on Linguistic Approaches to Literature
Presiding: Todd Van Evera Oakley, Case Western Reserve Univ.
1. “Toward a Definition of Literary Linguistics,” Milton M. Azevedo, Univ. of California, Berkeley
2. “In the Supermarket of Language: What Corpus Linguists Can Learn from Experimental Poetry,” Claiborne Rice, Univ. of Louisiana, Lafayette
3. “Optimality Theory, Borges, and Hoaxes: Modeling the Act of Reading as a Pragmatic Process of Constraint Satisfaction,” Lynda C. Walsh, New Mexico Inst. of Mining and Tech.
4. “The Pragmatic Author: Comparing Pragmatic Constraints on Linguistic Choices in Everyday Use and in Literary Texts,” Sharon A. Cote, James Madison Univ.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.