Viewing convention Program information from 2008
Monday, 29 December
679. Australian Literature and Asia
7:15–8:30 p.m., Sutter, Hilton
Program arranged by the Division on English Literature Other Than British and American
Presiding: John Charles Hawley, Santa Clara Univ.
1. “Tied by Terror: Bringing Asia and Australia Together in Contemporary Australian Fiction,” Meenakshi Bharat, Univ. of Delhi, Sri Venkateswara Coll.
2. “Refracting Internment in the White Pacific,” Iyko Day, Mount Holyoke Coll.
3. “Australian Dreams: Asian Migrations in Yasmine Gooneratne’s A Change of Skies,” Maryse Jayasuriya, Univ. of Texas, El Paso
4. “The Critic as Writer: Critical Issues in the Fiction of Gooneratne, Satendra Nandan, and Other Asian Critics-cum-Writers from Australia,” Feroza Framji Jussawalla, Univ. of New Mexico, Albuquerque
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.