Viewing convention Program information from 2005
Friday, 30 December
688. Literary Prestige in the Global Marketplace: Theorizing the Man Booker Prize
10:15–11:30 a.m., Embassy, Marriott
A special session
Presiding: Jason Howard Mezey, Saint Joseph’s Univ.
1. “Book, Booker, Bookest; or, How to Succeed in the Literary Prize Business,” Alvaro Francisco Vieira Ribeiro, Georgetown Univ.
2. “More Bookers than Books,” James F. English, Univ. of Pennsylvania
3. “‘Singing for His Supper’: Peter Carey and the Australian National Author’s Relation to the Man Booker Prize,” Elizabeth H. Ho, Univ. of Massachusetts, Boston
4. “Beating the Odds: Global Favorites and Local Winners in the 2004 Prize,” Jason Howard Mezey
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.