Viewing convention Program information from 2008
Monday, 29 December
692. Electronic Roundtable: A Demonstration of Digital Poetry Archives
7:15–8:30 p.m., Continental 1–2, Hilton
Program arranged by the MLA Office of Research
1. “The Poetess Archive Database and Visualization Tool (http://unixgen.muohio.edu/~poetess/),” Zach Weir, Miami Univ., Oxford
2. “The Dickinson Electronic Archives and Emily Dickinson’s Correspondence: A Born-Digital Inquiry (www.emilydickinson.org/),” Ellen Louise Hart, Portland State Univ.; Alexandra Socarides, Univ. of Missouri, Columbia
3. “The Walt Whitman Archive: Editing, Argument, and New Interpretative Possibilities (www.whitmanarchive.org/),” Elizabeth Lorang, Univ. of Nebraska, Lincoln
4. “The William Blake Archive (www.blakearchive.org/),” Ashley Reed, Univ. of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
5. “PennSound: All the Free Poetry You Care to Download (http://writing.upenn.edu/pennsound/),” Michael S. Hennessey, Univ. of Pennsylvania
6. “Editing with Links: English Poetry 1579–1830 (http://englishpoetry.org/),” David Radcliffe, Virginia Polytechnic Inst. and State Univ.
7. “The Electronic Poetry Center (http://home.jps.net/~nada/glazier.htm),” Lori A. Emerson, Univ. of Colorado, Boulder
This session is arranged in conjunction with session 520. It allows attendees to use scholarly applications of digital poetry archives. Presenters will exhibit their archives simultaneously, creating opportunities for small-group discussion and demonstration.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.