Viewing convention Program information from 2007
Sunday, 30 December
699. Narratives of 9/11: The Maghreb and Its Diasporas
10:15–11:30 a.m., Superior A, Sheraton Chicago
A special session
Presiding: Nouri Gana, Univ. of California, Los Angeles
1. “Virtual Secularization: Psychoanalysis and Islam in Post-9/11 Transnational Maghrebi Textuality,” David Fieni, Univ. of California, Los Angeles
2. “In the Mind’s Eye of the Terrorist: Algerian Authors Writing 9/11,” Janice Gross, Grinnell Coll.
3. “Rearranging the Tropes: The Postexotic Arab?” Atef Laouyene, Univ. of Ottawa
4. “Tarrying with Terror: Responding to Arabs Responding to 9/11,” Nouri Gana
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.