Viewing convention Program information from 2006
Saturday, 30 December
701. Rereading Trauma in Woolf’s Fiction En(Corps)
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., 203-A, Convention Center
Program arranged by the International Virginia Woolf Society
Presiding: David Eberly, Boston, MA
1. “‘There Was an Emptiness about the Heart of Life’: Traumatic Shock, World War I, and Mrs. Dalloway,” Jane C. Lilienfeld, Lincoln Univ., MO
2. “The ‘To Come’: Reading Trauma in To the Lighthouse,” Andrea Yates, Univ. of Rhode Island
3. “The Waves as Ontological Trauma Narrative: The Anxiety of a Death (Un)Foreseen,” Suzette Ann Henke, Univ. of Louisville
4. “Woolf’s ‘Precarious Lives’: Trauma and Communal Survival in Jacob’s Room and Between the Acts,” Kimberly Engdahl Coates, Bowling Green State Univ.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.